Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. ~ Mary Jean Irion
- ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~
Shenanigans
So, I haven't had this blog very long and I'm already lagging on my posts. I know you're all shocked by this. Still better than the bi-annual updates I was sending out before, right? Here's some catch-up from March and April...
We had a blast this year with St. Patrick's Day and April Fools' Day. Like any four-year-old boy, Hurry is a big fan of holidays that encourage mischief.
The leprechauns were up to their usual pranks by turning all sorts of stuff green and moving things to silly places. They hid their gold, too, but we managed to find it. (And eat it, since it was filled with chocolate.) Hurry told me about a book they read at school where the leprechauns ("wepper-chauns") used their magic to put the table and chairs on the ceiling. "I wonder why they didn't do that at our house...?" he mused. Maybe next year, buddy.

We went to a fun St. Patrick's day party (thanks, Marisa!) and the Hurricane was very proud of his crafts. He toted that shamrock guy around the house with him for 3 days. He also made a rainbow out of marshmallows, and as perhaps you can see he decided to sample one of the clouds. Good thing Elmer's glue is nontoxic!
Baby-cakes got some good mileage out of her green tutu in March.
On April Fools' there were hijinks galore. I played a lot of tricks on Hurry by switching things around the house and making the food crazy. I was glad I had extra apple juice on hand, though, because he was not keen on waiting for his juice to thaw out once he discovered it was frozen in place.
The best part was plotting with him for the jokes on Dad. We had fun setting up our snares and tripwires. Hurry still needs to work on playing it cool, though: "Hey Dad, why don't you go open that and get a cup?" (Cupboard filled with bouncy balls.) "Um, Dad, why don't you try to turn on the lights now?" (Taped.) ...Etc, etc. And he'd dissolve into giggles.
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
|
Labels:
Family
|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
- ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~
RELEVANT TUNES
- Good To Sea by Pinback
- Mushaboom by Feist
- Loading Playlist...
CLICK THE PLAY BUTTON TO LISTEN
- ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~- The Skog Blog
- The Schultz Family
- The Me I'd Like to Be
- The Cordell Life
- The Clog
- The Betz Spot
- Sunny Little Raincloud
- Stuffellaneous
- Stott Family Narrative
- Smurgle, All Ye Wattabups
- Sleepy Kittens
- Schneider6
- NM That's What She Said
- My Gift is My Blog
- Moodling Moments
- Meandering Miscellany
- Keeping It Simple
- Julia T.B.A.
- Joshua Baird, Western Landscape Artist
- It's Great to be a Grange
- In the Wake of Jake, Georgia & Naomi
- I draw
- Goodnight35
- Go Team Smith!
- Dave & Cindy & Then Some
- Chesnik Family
- Beesley Family
- 3 Stockdale Kids

0 comments:
Post a Comment