Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. ~ Mary Jean Irion


- ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~

Cracking the Code

My son just turned four, but he’s boycotting it.  Not the party and presents, of course--just the getting older part.  (I can relate.)  He says he just wants to stay a kid all the time. 


Despite his Peter Pan complex, he’s learning and growing every day, which is fun to see ...except when it means he’s too smart for my tricks.  For instance, when I say, “Let’s have a dance party,” he now knows that I usually mean a cleaning party, with music.  Here are a few more examples:
“Let’s go on a treasure hunt!”  =  Dig through that laundry basket and find some matching socks.
“Let’s race!”  =  I want you to go upstairs, go downstairs, get in the car, eat your food, etc.
“Let’s go for a drive”  =  Time for a nap.
“Let’s play a game”  =  If I’m not holding a board game or a video game controller, there will be chores involved.  If we are in the car, this usually equals “Be quiet.”
You get the idea.  And, unfortunately, so does the Hurricane.  I guess that means no more candy coating.  No more fun and games.  Welcome to the real world, kid.

P.S. Evidently other people in the community can’t decipher my Motherese so easily, and sometimes they misconstrue the “let’s make it fun” phrasing.  Yesterday, I was trying to get Hurry to head out of the store with me so I said, “Come now, or I will beat you,” which earned me a very severe look from a nearby mom.








0 comments:

- ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~

RELEVANT TUNES


CLICK THE PLAY BUTTON TO LISTEN
- ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~






Template Brought by :

blogger templates