Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. ~ Mary Jean Irion
[Frozen] River of Lights
My apologies to those of you who are tired of Christmas-themed posts, but don't come back until January 1st because around here we ride the Yuletide right on through to the end of the year. This is because I love Christmas with all my heart. As I've mentioned, I think people are more like they should be at this time of year (except in parking lot etiquette and financial responsibility). In general, we are more open, generous, and joyful.
This time of year, we are also more likely to FREEZE when we attempt a family outing. We had an ice cold night of fun at the River of Lights last night. Yes, we did check the weather forecast before venturing out. No, we did not remember what "Feels like: 10 degrees"...actually feels like. Brrr!!!
In the end, Frank and Little Scout camped out inside while Hurry and I scuttled around to glimpse the spectacle of lights. Hurry loved it and didn't want to leave. His face was a frosty perma-grin, as documented below.
Friday, December 31, 2010
|
Labels:
Christmas,
Family,
The Hurricane
|
RELEVANT TUNES
- Good To Sea by Pinback
- Mushaboom by Feist
- Loading Playlist...
- The Skog Blog
- The Schultz Family
- The Me I'd Like to Be
- The Cordell Life
- The Clog
- The Betz Spot
- Sunny Little Raincloud
- Stuffellaneous
- Stott Family Narrative
- Smurgle, All Ye Wattabups
- Sleepy Kittens
- Schneider6
- NM That's What She Said
- My Gift is My Blog
- Moodling Moments
- Meandering Miscellany
- Keeping It Simple
- Julia T.B.A.
- Joshua Baird, Western Landscape Artist
- It's Great to be a Grange
- In the Wake of Jake, Georgia & Naomi
- I draw
- Goodnight35
- Go Team Smith!
- Dave & Cindy & Then Some
- Chesnik Family
- Beesley Family
- 3 Stockdale Kids

0 comments:
Post a Comment